Sometimes in life things get icky. And stressful. And blah. And the only fix, no matter how much you think otherwise, is to calm down, take a break, and take care of yourself, body mind and spirit. And these some-times call for some-delicious goods that speak to wellness and refreshment (do I sound like a yoga instructor or what?).
No fancy recipe – no laborious instructions. Goji berries for antioxidants, olive oil for your heart, coconut because – hell, everyone wants to think they’re drinking a pina colada ALL THE TIME.
This one is is a little spa session for your body AND tastebuds. Make, eat, and, enjoy.
Coconut & Gogi Berri “Granola” (made up by me!)
- 4 cups Kashi 7 Whole Grain Honey Puffs Cereal
- 2 cups Sweetened coconut flakes, natural
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup goji berries
- 1/2 cup wildflower honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 big pinches of kosher salt
- 3 big pinches of cinnamon
- Mix contents in an 8 x 10 glass pan until well combined. Press well into all corners and sides.
- Bake for 12 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Eat ravenously
Its crunchy, salty, savory, sweet, comforting, and healthy – everything you need to do your body good.