First off, not only is tomorrow Easter, but it is my cohort in all things Bakers Bicoastal and one of my dearest friends Miss Haley’s birthday. Happy Birthday Hales!! It’s nice to have you in SF for the blog but I’d rather have you here!! xx (Everyone – be sure to send her much birthday love! She deserves it!)
I’ve seen these sweet treats ALL over the food blogosphere for the past three weeks and they’re just so cute lookin’ and easy it was a must-make!
EASTER ROBIN’S NESTS
- 1 large dark chocolate bar, chopped into chunks (approx 16oz)
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- Egg-like candy (aka jelly beans, easter M&Ms, etc – I used Easter Whopper candies)
- Melt the chocolate using your desired method of chocolate melting (double boiler, short spurts in the microwave, etc).
- Stir in pretzels until well combined.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture on a wax paper on a cookie sheet.
- Top the “nests” with “eggs”.
- Chill in fridge until chocolate has hardened, approx an hour.