KozyShack’s rice pudding is pretty life-changing. I never liked rice or tapioca pudding – didn’t care for little bits of starch messing with the smooth, creamy texture of my puddin’… until I tried the stuff and it completely changed my tastebuds.
Time to replicate!
I’ve attempted pudding in a slow cooker once before and it ended up being an epic failure – burnt, crusted, rice gook caked onto the sides of the crock pot that no amount of soaking and scrubbing could really wholly remove. Nightmare.
But if at first you don’t succeed…
LazySundayAfternoon Rice Pudding
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbl kosher salt
- 1 8 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- In a crockpot turned to high, add rice and milk and water and spices and let cook for 2 hours or until rice becomes tender and fluffy. (WATCH THIS – it may cook slightly quicker depending on your make/model of slow cooker and you’ll end up with my original mess).
- Once completely cooked, turn to low and add the can of condensed milk and egg and cook for additional 30 min until desired thickness is reached.
- Garnish with some sliced pear, an extra dash of cinnamon, some chopped pistachios, etc, etc.
Perfect way to end a weekend. Keeps refrigerated for about a week or so.