Corned beef and cabbage. My old stool at O’Leary’s in Boston. Irish soda bread. Irish coffee. Green beer. NYPD and FDNY at the Kinsale on Third Ave and 94th Street. Parades. Green vomit. Potatoes. Hoboken. Eating Rita’s water ice in Hoboken after a full day of fun. Guinness.
Those are the things that remind me of St. Patty’s Day. In honor of those fine traditions, I’d like to propose a toast.
With an Irish coffee milkshake.
Now, we all know the special ingredient that makes an Irish coffee so special. Namely, love. And whiskey.
Irish Coffee Milkshake with Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream
Serves 2. PRINT full recipe here.
- 1 ½ cups of coffee ice cream
- ½ cup of milk
- ¼ cup of whiskey
- ½ cup of heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
1. In a bowl, combine heavy cream and vanilla paste. Beat with a hand blender until peaks form.
2. In a blender, combine coffee ice cream, milk and whiskey. Blend until smooth.
3. Fill mug or glass until ¾ full. Top with vanilla whipped cream.
4. Bottoms up!